Monday, May 31, 2010

Chapter 15-Confessions with the Ghost of Me

Jon woke up the next day kicking himself in his own ass for taking Erica’s innocence. Pat was going to kill him if he found out and knowing how close Erica and Ally were she was bound to tell her and then Pat would castrate him for violating his sister.

“What the hell have I done,” Jon asked himself sighing, “Kaner is going to kill me.”

“Jonny,” Erica grumbled slowly opening her eyes, “What are you doing up?”

“I couldn’t sleep,” he said reassuringly.

“Are you regretting what we did last night?”

“Your brother is going to kill me and I feel so bad for taking your innocence. I shouldn’t have let it get that far.”

“I don’t regret a damn thing and I am almost eighteen years old and I am allowed to do what I want,” Erica said, “I wanted it just as much as you did. I love you Jon and nothing is going to change how I feel about it.”

“I don’t regret it in a way because I do love you but I just don’t want Pat to kill me,” Jon sighed before giving her a kiss.

“Pat won’t kill you, you are his best friend,” Erica replied, “I mean he did date Ally behind my back so us having sex behind is back is a way of getting even.”

Jon couldn’t help but laugh, “So we’ll have sex to get back at your brother for dating Ally behind your back, geeze I thought I meant something to you,” he joked.

“Oh shut up,” Erica giggled, “You know I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“How would you feel about having Christmas dinner with my family at our house? You can bring your parents and David. They’ve met Pat before but they’ve never met me or my family and besides wouldn’t it be important for your parents to meet your girlfriend?”

“I talk about you all the time and send them pictures of us so I guess it’s only fair that they meet you,” Jon said, “So yeah I’ll tell them that they should be in Buffalo for Christmas.”

“I’ll tell my mom to get the folding table out of the basement,” Erica said smiling and Jon smiled before looking at the clock.

“Maybe we should get dressed, we’re docking in ten minutes.”

“Damn it you couldn’t give me time to shower,” Erica joked.

“Just get dressed, we don’t want Pat getting suspicious,” Jon replied.

Erica and Jon were dressed and walked outside on the deck to the dock where Pat was standing with Ally in his arms.

“What’s wrong with her,” Jon asked.

“She wouldn’t wake up for me and begged me to let her sleep so I carried her,” Pat said smiling and Jon rolled his eyes.

“Try waking her up,” Jon said, “I don’t know how you did it for eighteen years.”

“Well number one when I cried as a baby she cried and number two, it’s easy just throw water in her face or put shaving cream in her hand and tickle her nose with a feather,” Pat joked.

“Shut up,” Ally moaned, “I’m trying to sleep and you two are being inconsiderate and talking so that I wake up. Some of us need our beauty sleep.”

“I guess I’d be tired too if I was up rocking the boat all night,” Erica cracked and Ally flipped her off before putting her head back on Pat’s shoulder quickly falling back asleep.

“How are we getting home,” Pat asked, “We never did plan on that.”

“I left my car here last night and we are going to take mine home,” Jon said, “I’ll drive. Wait here, I’ll go get the car and pick you guys up.”

“Alright,” Pat said as Jon walked off towards the parking garage,” So what’d you guys do last night after dinner,” he asked Erica who felt an immediate panic come over her.

“We watched a movie and talked about what we are doing for Christmas,” Erica lied while still telling half of the truth.

“Is his family coming with him,” Pat asked.

“Yeah,” Erica replied as Jon honked the horn as he approached them.

“Can you get the door for me,” Pat asked his sister.

“Yeah sure,” Erica replied opening the door.

“Come on Ally wake up for five seconds and get your ass in the car,” Pat said as Ally groaned and slid across the seat. Pat put the middle seatbelt on her and she lay down in his lap. Pat gently stroked her hair and she softly snored. Pat couldn’t help but glare at Jon as he reached his hand over the console of the car and held Erica’s hand. Something was going on with these two and he was going to find out what it was. Whatever was going on between those two he would find out from Ally because Erica told her everything.

“When do we leave to go home,” Pat asked Erica who shrugged her shoulders.

“We have the game tonight then we have a team meeting tomorrow so we are free to leave after that,” Jon spoke up, “Do you want me to book the plane?”

“I can do it for us when you drop us off to leave for the game,” Erica said, “Ally can come with me so you don’t have to worry about her being by herself.”

“That’s cool,” Pat said to his sister as they pulled up in front of Jon’s apartment.

Ally woke up and followed Erica into the house, “What’s going on with you and my sister,” Pat asked Jon, “I know you two are dating but what happened last night?”

“Nothing, you know I would tell you,” Jon replied, “After dinner we talked and watched a movie.”

“Sorry, I’m just really protective of my sisters.”

“If I had a sister I’d be overprotective too but instead I set an example for my brother on how women should be treated. They should be treated like human beings and not pieces of meat.”

“I’m glad it’s you dating my sister, I really am,” Pat said.

“Thanks man,” Jon said smiling through the rearview mirror, “It really means a lot.”

Meanwhile at Jon’s house Ally was wide awake eating breakfast with Erica, “Are you going to tell me what happened last night or what,” Ally asked her best friend.

“I slept with Jon,” Erica blurted out.

“YOU WHAT,” Ally screamed.

“I slept with Jon last night.”

“Your brother is going to kill you,” Ally said, “You better pray to God he doesn’t find out.”

“Please don’t say anything to him,” Erica pleaded, “I don’t want him telling my parents.”

“I’m not saying anything,” Ally replied.

Soon Jon and Pat were back from practice. Erica was packing her suitcase to leave and Pat was going back home with Ally so they could back.

Normal POV

It was late when we got back to Buffalo and all four of us went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night to go downstairs to get something to drink and I was halfway down the stairs when I heard the lock on the front door jiggling.

I immediately panicked and ran back up the steps back into Pat’s room and woke him up.

“What’s wrong baby,” he asked, “Are you okay?”

“Someone is trying to get into the house,” I said and Pat shot up out of bed and grabbed a hockey stick off the wall above his bed.

“What the hell are you going to do with that,” I asked trying not to laugh.

“Oh shut up, do you have something better to use little Miss Know it All?”

“Don’t you have a bat or something?”

“Yeah because I play baseball for a living,” Pat replied sarcastically rolling his eyes, “The robber probably already has half the shit in the living room by now with you running your mouth.”

“Bite me,” I said as he laughed and walked out of the room and down the steps.

“Too late baby,” he joked as he took the first step and I whispered for him to be careful.

I followed behind him as he held my hand with his stick in the other one, “Go back upstairs,” he whispered, “I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“Pat shut up I’m fine,” I said as we walked into the living room and stood against the wall as the door opened and a figure walked in all dressed in black with a black duffle bag.

“On the count of three follow me and when I hit him jump on him and sit on his chest,” Pat said and I nodded my head in agreement.

“Okay,” I whispered and Pat went up behind the figure who shut the door behind him.

“FREEZE MOTHERFUCKER,” Pat said hitting the unidentified figure with the stick and he fell to the floor and I jumped on his back sitting there pulling his beanie off.

“WHAT THE FUCK,” Adam screamed.

“Adam, is that you,” I asked.

“Yes, it’s me what the hell are you guys doing,” he asked as I stood up.

“Dude she came down to get something to drink I guess and heard the door jiggling and thought that someone was trying to get in the house…wait how the hell did you get in here,” Pat asked.

“Leah gave me a key and I wanted to surprise her by coming here for Christmas since my parents are in Sweden with my sister’s hockey team but instead I came here and got the shit beat out of me by one of my best friend’s and his crazy ass girlfriend,” Adam joked and I gave him a hug apologizing.

“What the hell is going on here,” Donna asked coming down the steps tying her robe.

“I got up to get something to drink and heard the front door trying to open, I got scared, went upstairs and woke him up and we came down here to try and stop whoever it was from breaking it but it turns out Leah gave Adam a key and he is here to surprise her for Christmas,” I replied and Donna shook her head laughing.

“When did you guys get in,” she asked.

“We got home about an hour ago,” Pat answered his mother.

“Is Jon here too,” Donna asked.

“Yeah, he’s upstairs sleeping on the floor in Erica’s room,” Pat said and I knew that he was really sleeping in Erica’s room because I heard the noises on my way down the hall before everything happened with Adam.

“Oh okay,” Donna said smiling, “Well let’s all get some sleep before we wake anyone else up.”

“What are you guys doing up,” Leah asked coming down the steps rubbing her eyes, “…and Pat why the hell do you have a hockey stick?”

Adam came out of the kitchen stuffing his face with the Christmas cookies that were sitting on the table.

“ADAM,” Leah said running the rest of the way and into his arms.

“God I missed you,” Adam said wrapping his arms around her and setting her on her feet giving her a kiss.

“What are you doing here,” Leah asked Adam and I smiled up at Pat who put his arm around my waist.

“My parents went to Sweden for Nikki’s hockey tournament and since I had nowhere to go so I decided to come here for Christmas and surprise you,”

“We’re going to head up to bed, we’ll see you guys later on this morning,” Pat said and I followed him up the steps, “Spill it right now,” he said locking the door and pinning me against it.

“What the hell are you talking about you psycho,” I said as he pressed me further into the door and put his forehead on mine.

“Why did you tense up downstairs when I said Jon was sleeping on Erica’s floor,” he asked, “I know you know more than you are putting off.”

“I don’t know anything,” I lied.

“Oh I think you do,” he said, “You’re a terrible liar. Are they sleeping together?”

I froze, “Nnn-no,” I lied. Real smooth, Ally, real smooth.

“GOD DAMN IT ALLY THEY ARE,” Pat snapped, “WHAT THE FUCK? HE LIED TO ME AND SO DID SHE!!”

“Pat, calm down,” I said pushing him towards the bed where I sat behind him and was rubbing his shoulders, “She’s scared like I was when we first got together and started having sex.”

“But she’s my sister and he’s my best friend what the hell is going on?”

“It’s the same situation we were in,” I said, “You can’t let this bother you, just talk to them about it when we wake up.”

“You’re right,” he sighed, “Let’s just get some sleep.”

We woke up a few hours later and went downstairs to get something to eat. Adam and Leah were sitting at the dining room table with Jess, Jackie, Jon, and Erica.

“Be nice,” I whispered to Pat who nodded his head in agreement, “I promised her I wouldn’t tell you.”

“Okay,” he said and we sat down at the table just talking like nothing was wrong.

“I want Denny’s for breakfast,” Jackie whined.

“Oh here we fucking go,” Jon mumbled and everyone laughed.

“Bite me Tazer,” she spat back.

“He’s already biting one sister might as well bite the other one,” I said out loud not realizing it causing Erica to kick me under the table.

“Yeah Erica, do you care to tell me that you both lied to me about sleeping together,” Pat asked and I put my head down on the table.

“Jackie, Jess how about we go to Denny’s for breakfast,” Adam offered.

“I KNEW I LOVED YOU AS LEAH’S BOYFRIEND FOR A REASON,” Jackie shouted running up the steps to get dressed.

“I can clearly see this is a matter that needs to be discussed in private,” Adam said, “So Leah and I will take them to Denny’s. Can I borrow your car?”

“Yeah sure,” Pat said and Adam walked out into the hallway, “They keys are on the table by the door.”

“Are you seriously going to trust him with that car,” Jon asked.

“Shut up I wasn’t talking to you,” Pat snapped at Jon and I grabbed his hand and tried to calm him down.

“Ally, I can’t believe you told him after I told you not to,” Erica said, “I trusted you to keep that a secret after I kept yours.”

“It’s not my fault he knows when I’m hiding stuff and you know I don’t like lying to him.”

“You have no right to be mad at me or Erica,” Jon said, “You two did the same exact thing.”

“I just can’t believe you lied to my face and you even said that you were trying to set an example for David,” Pat said, “I don’t want to argue about something this stupid.”

“Neither do I but Ally blurted her big fucking mouth like she always does and now everyone knows Jon and I are having sex,” Erica said, “Mom and dad know because we told them but does mom know about you leaving Ally because you thought she was pregnant.”

“PATRICK TIMOTHY KANE,” Donna said from the doorway, “You need to start explaining what your sister just said.”

“I can’t take this,” I said excusing myself from the table and running upstairs.

“Do you see what you’ve done,” I heard Pat say, “Way to go Erica.”

“Shut the fuck up Patrick,” she fired back.

“Pat go talk to Ally, we’ll talk later,” Donna said to her son.

“Yes ma’am,” he replied walking out of the room.

I slammed my bedroom door shut and laid down on my bed pulling the covers over my face.

“Ally,” Pat said coming into the room.

“Go away,” I sniffled but I felt the side of the bed go down and the covers being pulled away from my body as he slid in next to me and put his arms around me.

“Talk to me, please,” he pleaded.

“She hates me,” I cried and he sat up pulling me into his lap.

“No she doesn’t,” He said rubbing my back as I cried into his shoulder, “She’s just upset that you blurted out something she thought she could trust you with. She’ll get over it.”

“Your mom knows everything now,” I sobbed, “She doesn’t know we’re engaged either.”

“We’ll tell her that when she talks to us about everything. Ally, I promise you everything will be okay.”

“I know,” I said as Donna knocked on the door.

“May I come in,” she asked.

“Sure,” Pat said and Donna smiled and sat on the chair next to the bed.

“I think we need to talk.”

“I know,” I replied, “The reason why I left Chicago a couple of months ago was Pat and I had sex for the first time and the condom broke and I got the flu shortly after that. I went to the doctor and he told me that it was a possibility that I could be pregnant. I took a test from the pharmacy before I went and it said positive so I made the appointment and when they did the medical pregnancy test, it came back negative so they put me on flu medicine and I was better shortly after that. I’m sorry we didn’t tell you sooner and had to find out the way you did.”

“It’s okay, sweetie,” Donna replied hugging me, “It’s Pat that I am disappointed in. Why would you leave her?”

“I was scared,” he replied, “I was just starting my career and I got so angry at myself that I took it out on her. I can’t take back what I did or said to her and I know that I hurt her deeply but I we’ve both moved on but that’s another thing we have to tell you.”

“We’ve moved on in a big way,” I said smiling at Pat who was holding my hand so she didn’t see my ring.

“Really,” Donna asked raising her eyebrow.

“We’re engaged,” Pat said holding my hand up to show her the ring and she clapped her hands in excitement before hugging us both.

“I’m so happy for both of you,” she said, “I love you both so much.”

“I love you too,” I said smiling sitting back down on the bed next to Pat.

“Please don’t hold anything else in like you did,” Donna said, “You guys can talk to me anytime about anything. Just don’t handle adult problems on your own.”

“Yes ma’am,” Pat said to his mom who stood up from the chair walking over to the door.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” Donna said shutting the door behind her and I sighed before Pat leaned in giving me a kiss.

“She handled that better than I thought she would,” Pat said smiling.

“We should go apologize to Jon and Erica,” I said.

“Let them cool off, we’ll apologize tomorrow.”

“Okay,” I replied as he kissed my forehead.

Meanwhile at Denny’s

Adam and the girls had just finished up their breakfasts when they heard the bell on the door of the restaurant jingle. Jessica and Jackie immediately felt their faces get pale when they saw who walked through the door of the restaurant.

“What’s wrong,” Leah asked.

“Jason,” Jessica whispered, “He just walked in with a girl who looks just like you.”

“Oh my God,” Leah gasped and Adam grabbed her hand.

“What did he do to you,” Adam asked and Leah started crying and couldn’t answer his question.

“Leah, do you want me to tell him,” Jessica asked her cousin.

“Yeah,” she mumbled and Jessica started the story.

“One day she came home from a fashion show in Sweden. He was drinking and said that she was cheating on him while she was there. He hit her and she called the police. While the police were on their way he beat her until she was unconscious and she slipped into a coma and didn’t wake up until three weeks after everything happened. He also broke her arms and her ribs and she also had to have plastic surgery on her face to help with the bones that were broke above her eyes.”

“Jessica, take your sister and Leah out to the car and lock the doors until I come out,” Adam whispered handing Jessica the keys to Pat’s borrowed SUV. He felt sickened by what Jessica had just told him.

“Adam, what are you going to do,” Leah asked crying, “I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“I have some unfinished business,” Adam said as the three girls walked out of the restaurant and he walked over to Jason’s table and pulled him outside where he beat him until he was unconscious, “That’s for making her life a living hell and for almost killing the woman I love. You deserve everything you just got you piece of shit.”

Adam got into the car and felt his heart break when he looked at Leah. He reached his hand up to wipe the tears from her eyes and she flinched and turned away from him.

“I’ll never hurt you Leah,” he said, “Please don’t think I would ever hit you.”

“You say that now but Adam I see how you get on the ice when you’re mad and I don’t know if I can trust you not to hit me,” Leah cried, “I’m damaged more than you will ever know and I’m sorry if I can never be perfect for you.”

“Baby, listen to me,” he said turning to her and cupping her face in his hands, “I love you with all my heart and who I am on the ice is not who I am off of it. I will never hurt you, I can promise you that. I know you’re damaged but you can’t let that effect our future. I promise you I will pick up the broken pieces and repair them as much as I can. Leah, let me prove to you that I’m not him.”

“Aw,” Adam heard Jackie whisper to Jessica.

“I love you,” Leah cried and Adam wrapped his arms around her.

“I love you too,” he said, “Now come on let’s go get our front row seats for tonight’s Kane family boxing match.”

3 comments:

  1. aleast mama kaner knows what everybodys been up to lately.

    i feel bad for leah now! she got adam to protect her

    ReplyDelete
  2. “FREEZE MOTHERFUCKER,” Pat said hitting the unidentified figure with the stick and he fell to the floor and I jumped on his back sitting there pulling his beanie off.

    “WHAT THE FUCK,” Adam screamed.

    “Adam, is that you,” I asked.

    “Yes, it’s me what the hell are you guys doing,” he asked as I stood up.

    Sorry, but that made me laugh my ass off, ohh Burr
    and at least mama know's what's going on
    and tazer quit being so damn adorable
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it!!! awwwe =D Adam is there for her when she needs him. Mama Kane knows everything, this was awesome. I want more.

    ReplyDelete