Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chapter 13-I love her, those three words have my life in them

Pat’s POV
Today after practice, Jon and I were going to the mall to buy Ally and Erica something for Christmas. I had a pretty good idea on what I wanted to get but I didn’t want to rush things which is why I think I will wait until Valentine’s Day or maybe even Easter.

“Do you think Erica will like these,” Jon said pointing to the diamond stud earrings that were in the glass case?

“Yeah, she wears stuff like that all of the time,” I said as I wandered off towards the engagement ring cases.

“Can I help you find something,” the older woman behind the counter asked me as I sat in the stool putting my thumbs to my chin and staring in the case.

“I’m just looking,” I said looking up from the ring that caught my eye and smiled.

“My name is Rose and I’ll be over here if you would like to see anything out of the case.”

“Thanks.”

“I got Erica the earrings,” Jon said coming over to where I was, “They’re wrapping them up right now.”

“That’s great, she’ll love them,” I said smiling at my best friend, “What do you think of me getting Ally and engagement ring?”

“Are you serious,” he asked.

“Yes.”

“I mean it’s not any of my business, but don’t you think it’s a little too soon, I mean you guys have only been together since the start of camp.”

“Which is why I’m wondering if I should hold off buying it until either Valentine’s Day or Easter but I really wanted to do it at the Christmas party in front of everyone?”

“I can’t tell you what to do but if I were in your position, I would hold off a while. I mean, you two just got back from her parent’s house and you know her dad hates you even though he gave you his blessing to marry her and you guys just got over the whole pregnancy scare thing and she went back to trusting you again so I say hold off but I’m not your mind or your heart so like I said, I can’t tell you what to do,” Jon said patting me on the back and sitting in the stool next to me.

“What do you think of this one,” I said pointing to the one carat cushion cut ring that had an open band with diamonds in each of the loops on the band.

“I would buy that for my fiancée,” Jon said and I smiled calling Rose over.

“I’d like to purchase that one,” I said smiling and pointing to the shining ring.

“Great choice,” she said smiling, “This one here is a size seven and is twenty eight hundred.”

“That’s actually cheaper than what I had figured for something that big,” I said smiling causing Jon to laugh.

“What was your budget,” Rose asked.

“I figured between five and ten grand,” I replied looking at Jon who whistled.

“I would go between five and seven grand but ten is pushing it,” Jon said as I stared at the ring between my fingers.

“Aren’t you a little bit young to be getting married,” Rose asked and I couldn’t help but laugh. I got that same question from my mom and dad when I first told them about me wanting to propose to Ally.

“I guess we are but I’ve known her since I was six and she was five,” I said smiling and Rose smiled back warmly.

“How old are you now,” she asked.

“Nineteen,” I replied, “Ally just turned eighteen.”

“How did you meet her?”

“Nosey old lady,” Jon mumbled and I tried not to laugh.

“She moved to Buffalo from Manhattan with her family when she was five and became best friends with my oldest sister when she started school in Buffalo and Jon here dates my sister.”

“I know who you guys are now,” Rose said smiling and turning red in embarrassment, “You guys are Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane from the Blackhawks.”

“We are indeed,” Jon said, “It’s nice meeting someone who didn’t recognize us.”

“You guys are going to do great things for the Hawks, just wait and see,” she said, “You’re girlfriends are very lucky girls to have such handsome and talented boyfriends.

“Thanks,” Jon and I said in unison and we couldn’t help but laugh.

“Are you sure that is the ring you want to get her,” Jon asked.

“Yeah it’s perfect,” I said as I handed the ring back to rose who laid it on the velvet board before locking up the case.

“Would you like me to write this up for you?”

“Yes please,” I said as I handed her the ring and she pulled out the calculator and receipt pad.

“You’re final total is three thousand eight hundred and nineteen dollars,” Rose said and I stood up pulling my wallet out of my back pocket and handed her my credit card.

“Please don’t tell my sister because she’ll tell Jackie and Jessica who will run their little bitch mouths to Ally,” I said and Jon laughed.

“I’m not going to say anything,” Jon said as Rose walked back over with a Pen and the receipt for me to sign.

“Just sign this and you’re good to go,” Rose said as I signed my name on the paper and she handed me the bag and my card back, “I went ahead and added on the lifetime guarantee for the diamond where if she should somehow lose any of the stones, just bring the ring in store and we will replace it for her.”

“That’s awesome, thank you so much,” I said as I stuck the ring in the bigger bag from the store where I bought Ally the purse she wanted.

“No thank you for shopping here and good luck this season guys,” she said as Jon and I left the store.

“You’re really going to ask her to marry you at the team Christmas party,” Jon asked as we got into the car and I shut the passenger side door.

“Yeah I am,” I said sighing, “I really can’t picture myself with anyone but her and I see myself growing old with her.”

“I would say aw but that would be a little bit weird,” Jon said and I laughed.

“Just a bit,” I said as we pulled out of the parking lot and headed back towards the apartment that I shared with Ally.

Adam’s Apartment NO POV


Adam Burish watched as Leah danced around the living room singing “Who Knew” by Pink. Leah had been staying with him for the last couple of weeks to give Pat and Ally sometime to themselves since she felt like she was intruding their personal space.

“Having fun,” Adam asked and Leah laughed.

“Shut up,” she said as he walked over to her giving her a kiss.

“I missed you,” he said when they pulled away.

“I missed you too how was Thanksgiving with your family in Wisconsin?”

“It was great, we went to a Packers game and I got to see some buddies of mine from college but you weren’t there so yeah wait never mind it sucked,” Adam said smiling causing Leah to smile.

“I think we need to talk about our relationship,” Leah said sitting down on the couch and Adam sat next to her.

“What about it,” he asked.

“Are we dating?”

“I guess you could say that,” he said not knowing what to say. The truth is they hung out a few times, she was pretty much living with him now, and they told each other that they loved each other and kissed a few times but were they official yet?

“I mean we kiss, we say we love each other, and we go out,” Leah said, “You can’t get much more together than that.”

“Do you want to be with me,” Adam asked.

“Do you want to be with me,” she asked.

“Yes,” Adam said smiling.

“Then yes I want to be with you too,” Leah replied.

“So that means you’ll go out with me on our first official date as boyfriend and girlfriend tonight,” Adam asked with hope in his voice.

“Of course,” Leah said smiling.

“Great, I’ll pick you up at seven,” he said laughing.

“Clown,” she said smacking his chest and he laughed as he pulled her into his lap and started kissing her.

“How about we go for a nice romantic dinner down at Eve,” Adam said, “Then we can go for a walk through Millennium Park or to a movie.”

“Fred Claus looks really funny,” Leah said, “We could go see that if you want.”

“How about August Rush,” Adam suggested.

“Are you serious,” Leah asked, “I’ve been dying to see that.”

“So we’ll go see it,” he said, “I’ve been wanting to see that too and besides you got my two big broad shoulders to cry on.”

“I love you,” Leah said as she kissed him out of pure joy.

“I love you too.”

Leah got dressed and Adam changed the clothes that he was wearing so that they were dressed up for their date since the restaurant was a slightly formal place.

“God this place is amazing,” Leah said looking around.

“I’ve been wanting to come here for a while but I’d looks stupid sitting here by myself so I waited until I found myself a nice girl to date to come here,” Adam said smiling.

“You haven’t stopped smiling since you got home,” Leah laughed, “You are going to paralyze your face.”

“I’m just happy that I don’t have to hide who I really am anymore,” he replied, “I mean the whole cheesy pick-up line using ladies man wasn’t me.”

“You’re Adam Burish, everyone thinks you’re that guy,” Leah said.

“I’m not though, you see past that now but no one else does. All they think I am is a womanizing pig who is incapable of loving a dog let alone a human.”

“Well the next time you hear someone say that you let me know because I will make their lives a living hell.”

“Yes ma’am,” Adam said laughing as the waiter came over and took their orders.

“What can I get for you two,” Shane, the waiter asked.

“I’ll have the Foie Gras Burger,” Leah said, “And a glass of water.”

“Okay and for you sir,” he said as he finished writing Leah’s order and turned to Adam.

“I’ll have the Loch Duart Salmon,” Adam said looking at the menu, “And a kamikaze.”

“You got it,” Shane said taking their menus, “I’ll be right back with your drinks.”

“Beautiful night,” Adam said as they walked through the streets of Chicago to the movie theater.

“It really is,” Leah said as the wind blew around them. Even though it was November in the windy city, it was still slightly warm.

“That movie had me crying the whole entire time,” Leah said as they walked out of the movie theater.

“That was a really good movie,” Adam said shutting the door behind him when they got back to his apartment.

“It really was. I had a really great time tonight. Dinner was so good and that movie made it even better. Thank you so much.”

“No problem,” Adam replied giving her a kiss, “How about we go watch another movie in the room until we fall asleep.”

“Sounds good to me,” Leah said following him into the bedroom.

Three weeks later, Blackhawks Christmas Party

“When are you going to pop the question,” Jon whispered to Patrick who was fiddling with the ring in his pocket where they stood talking to Adam.

“I wanted them to play the song that she and I first danced to then I as going to do it but all this DJ keeps playing is Christmas music,” Pat sighed as Ally walked over to them with Erica and Leah in tow.

“I can’t believe Alyssa is pregnant,” Ally gushed, “Her and Brent are going to be great parents. I’m so happy for the both of them.”

“Me too,” Erica said, “They are so cute together and that baby is going to have two great parents who love them and each other.”

“I can’t wait to have kids,” Leah said as Adam wrapped his arm around her waist.

“The big Bur as a daddy,” Jon said, “I cannot see that happening at all.”

“Screw you toes,” Adam said laughing.

“Want to kiss the mistletoe ladies,” Patrick Sharp said coming over to the group with a mistletoe headband on.

“Oh Christ look what the cat dragged in,” Jon groaned causing everyone to laugh as Sharpie got closer to them.

“Oh Sharpie,” Ally said grabbing his shirt collar and pulling him towards her like she was going to kiss him, “You have a better chance at kissing my grandma than you do me.”

“Ool Sharpie get some ice because I know that burned,” Adam Burish said to his best friend and partner in crime.

“Just because you got a woman now don’t be dissing the Sharpmeister.”

“Oh Sharpie you know we love you,” Erica teased.

“Jon doesn’t,” Sharpie smiled ruffling the younger man’s hair.

“Don’t touch me,” Jon said pushing him away.

“See he hates me,” Sharpie laughed, “Well I would love to stay and chat with you losers but I got a mistletoe to put to good use. Sayonara suckers.”

“He really gets on my nerves,” Jon said causing the group to laugh as the DJ put on “Back at One” by Brian McKnight. Jon nudged Pat who nodded and asked Ally to dance.

“Are you having fun tonight,” Pat asked Ally.

“I finally got to meet all of the wives and girlfriends, some of them I like and some of them I don’t.”

“Nik’s wife is a real bitch and so is Jason’s,” Pat replied, “So, I know what you mean. I don’t like them either.”

“I think they hate me and Erica because we aren’t married to you and Jon,” Ally said looking at Pat who pulled away and reached in his pocket for something, “Why’d you pull away?”

“They hate you because you’re not my wife…yet,” Pat smiled.

“Patrick Timothy Kane are you asking me to marry you,” Ally said smiling as Pat got down on one knee and everyone gasped.

“I love you, those three words have my life in them so Ally Marie Jordan will you do me the honor of becoming my wife,” Pat asked as he pulled the ring out of his pocket and Ally started crying as everyone cheered.

“Well, what do you say?”

“Yes,” Ally said jumping into his arms and giving him a kiss. Pat pulled away and took the promise ring off of her left hand and replaced it with the engagement ring.

“I love you so much.”

“I love you too,” Ally said as she wrapped her arms around him and flashed her hand to Erica who was also crying.

Ally and Pat were the perfect couple in everyone’s eyes but even the perfect couples have bumps in the road and their road was about to get bumpier than they ever imagined.

3 comments:

  1. “Ool Sharpie get some ice because I know that burned,” Adam Burish said to his best friend and partner in crime

    lmaoooooooooooooo
    this story keeps getting better
    and yes. Seabs and I would have amazing kids<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it! great update... leah and adam, who would have thought adam falling in love lmfao! haha love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh me gee. leah and adam, didnt think those two would work but i like it. same with seabs and allys pregnant. cant wait for ch14

    ReplyDelete