Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chapter 2-Chicago Bound

Patrick has been gone for about a month and I miss him more and more each day. We’ve been calling each other throughout that time. It’s so hard not to tell Erica who is calling and texting me constantly. I really wish I could tell her about Pat and I but it would just result in an, “I knew you two would get together,” and why didn’t you tell me but I couldn’t help it, Patrick was my everything, we never spent any time together physically but we’ve known each other long enough to know what we felt about each other.

“Hey sweetie,” Pat said answering the phone, “What are you doing?”

“I’m just sitting here talking to you,” I smiled while lying because I was packing my suitcase to go surprise him in Chicago. He didn’t know I was doing it. I lied and told Erica that was going to visit my grandparents in Florida.

“Has my sister figured us out yet,” Pat asked.

“Nope, she keeps wondering who is calling and texting me but I haven’t told her yet,” I replied.

“Good, keep it that way,” Pat laughed, “God, I miss you.”

“I miss you too.”

“I can’t wait for you guys to come for opening night so I can see you,” Pat said.

“ALLY,” Erica’s voice called coming up the steps.

“Oh shit, Erica’s here, I got to go. I’ll call you later,” I replied, “I love you.”

“I’ll be waiting for you to call me,” he replied, “I love you too.”

“Bye.”

“What time is your plane,” Erica asked barging in my room.

“It’s at eight, why,” I asked.

“I was wondering if you wanted me to drive you to the airport,” Erica said.

“My mom and dad are taking me since I have to stop somewhere on the way and get a swimsuit for down in Florida.”

“I’ll take you,” Erica said, “You know how I love picking out bathing suits.”

“My mom said she’d take me,” I lied.

“Ally, what’s going on,” Erica asked suspiciously, “You’re acting weird.”

“I’m just really tired, that’s all.” I replied.

“Are you lying to me,” she asked.

“No, I just hate having to get up early and I’m miserable.”

“Oh okay,” Erica said smiling, “I’m going to call you later my brother is supposed to call and let my mom know when opening night is so we can make the arrangements to go to Chicago. Are you still coming with us?”

“Yeah I’m still coming,” I said, “You know me I can’t wait to see Patrick make an ass outta himself.”

“WOW,” Erica said laughing as she hugged me and opened the door, “I’ll see you later.”

“Alright later,” I said zipping my suitcase and setting it in the corner by the door before I crawled into bed dialing Pat’s cell number.

“Hello,” a strange male voice answered.

“Oh I must have dialed the wrong number,” I said quickly, “I’m sorry I meant to call my boyfriend’s phone.”

“Is this Ally,” the person asked.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“I’m Jon, Pat’s roommate,” he said, “Pat talks about you all the time.”

“Aw I hope it’s all good things,” I joked.

“They are, don’t worry. I would go get him for you if he wasn’t knocked out cold in bed. Want me to wake him for you?”

“No, that’s okay,” I laughed, “But you can do me a favor though.”

“Sure, what is it,” Jon asked.

“I’m coming to visit him in the morning and I kind of want it to be a surprise,” I began, “I know what hotel you guys are in already but could you help me surprise him.”

“Yeah sure,” Jon replied, “Do you have any ideas?”

“I’m not sure what to do,” I sighed.

“How about we do something with his breakfast or something in the morning? He usually gets up at around eleven when we are off.”

“Okay that sounds good, how about you give me your number and I will call you so I can hide under the room service cart,” I said.

“That sounds good,” Jon laughed as he rattled off his number and I wrote it down and sat it on my night stand.

“My plane leaves at eight here, so I should be there by ten thirty.”

“Alright sounds good see you then,” Jon said, “It was nice talking to you, have a safe trip here.”

“Thanks and you too, bye now,” I said hanging up the phone.

The Next Day…

I woke up and got ready to head to the airport flying on cloud nine the whole time. I couldn’t wait to see Patrick. It had been almost two months since I saw him and I missed him. I wished I could have yelled for the cab driver to go faster so that I could get to the hotel and see Pat but I had to sit in traffic.

Forty minutes later, I arrived at the hotel and pulled out my phone dialing Jon’s number.

“The food just got here,” he said answering the phone, “Where are you?”

“I’m in front of the hotel but you might want to come meet me in the lobby since the people at the desk will think I’m a fan trying to get you guys.”

“Alright, I’ll be down in like two minutes.”

I stood in the lobby waiting for Jon to come and get me, my heart started beating faster knowing that Pat was just upstairs.

“Hey are you Ally,” he asked coming over to me.

“Yeah it’s nice to meet you, you must be Jon,” I said shaking his hand.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” he smiled, “I’ll take your bag for you, follow me this way.”

We got on the elevator and he pressed floor number five and we got to know each other in the elevator. I think this is the guy Erica said she had a crush on, I’m not sure. I’ll have to ask her without letting her know where I am.

“Here we are,” he said opening the door and making sure Pat was still asleep, “He’s still asleep.”

“Alright good,” I replied walking into the room and crawling under the room service cart that was draped in a table cloth, “Wake him up.”

“Hey Kaner,” Jon said patting his teammate on the back, “Time to wake up your breakfast is here.”

“Five more minutes,” Pat groaned and I held in my laughter.

“Come on I got a special order just for you,” Jon said turning to me and smiling when he saw my head peek out from underneath the tablecloth.

“What’d you get to eat,” Pat said walking towards the table and lifting the covers off of the plates.

“Just some eggs, toast, you know what you eat every morning,” Jon smiled and waved his hand under the tablecloth.

“I’m going to go downstairs to Starbucks and get some coffee or something, do you want anything,” he asked Pat.

“No, I’m good,” he said eating a piece of bacon, “Why the hell is the cart moving on its own?”

Jon just shrugged it off and walked out the door. Pat lifted the table cloth and I screamed, “Surprise.”

“OH MY GOD,” he said smiling when I crawled out and stood up. He put his arms around me and gave me a hug before he kissed me.

“Are you surprised,” I asked.

“What are you doing here,” he asked smiling, “How the hell did you get here?”

“Your family thinks I’m in Florida visiting my grandparents and last night when you called me I was packing, then when I called back Jon answered and helped me surprise you.”

“I’m so glad you’re here,” he said hugging me again, “Damn, I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” I said giving him a kiss.

Pat smiled and hugged me again, “I guess this means I’m taking you on a date tonight.”

“Yup,” I said smiling and he smiled back at me with those blue eyes, “By the way your sister has a crush on Jon.”

“Oh God, my worst nightmare come true,” he laughed, “I still can’t believe you’re here.”

“Well believe it because here I am,” I smiled again.

“What do you think of moving here after we reveal that we’re dating to everyone,” he asked.

“I’d love to,” I said giving him a kiss.

The smile on Pat’s face was enough for me to fall even deeper in love with him. He really loved me but the only question is, how the hell would we tell our families?

1 comment: